This is the third video of a four-part instructional series featuring drum instructor Evan Gianoulis.
Be sure to stay tuned in until the end to see Evan take these introductory concepts to a new level with a mini-jam!
To spice up this groove, we're going to play the hi hat by opening it on the 'and of' beat one each time.
To do this, we now have to practice lifting our left foot up after our right foot has already gone down. When using this concept, it's not always best to do it every measure (although you could). Using this approach spices up the music when you play it in a two measure sequence.
Thanks again for watching and please stay tuned for the next concepts for this groove!
Like this video? Here are some others that you may enjoy:
- Video Lesson: Basic Drum Rock Groove, Video 2
- Video Lesson: Basic Drum Rock Groove, Video 1
- Strumming Mechanics, Part 2 by Steve Levy
- Real Guitar Tips: Moving Open Chord Shapes
- Real Guitar Tips: Adding Melodies to Strummed Chords
Be sure to hit the blue SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this page for the latest + greatest news in contemporary music education, and tell a friend about us!