Director of Guitar Instruction Erik Ringstad returns with another lesson in this installment of Real Guitar Tips!
Packed with informative and fun ideas, Real Guitar Tips is a taste of what it's like to learn guitar with a top-notch instructor at Real School.
In this lesson, Erik explores the concept of playing melodies over drone strings, and chooses a blues-style melody to play over the drone strings of A and D. It's easy to accidentally play other open strings, so it's critical to focus on only playing the specific drone strings that you're working with.
As with all the videos in this series, the most important thing is to take the ideas and do your own thing with them! Enjoy, and thanks for watching!
Like this video? Here are some others that you may enjoy:
- Strumming Mechanics, Part 1 by Steve Levy
- Strumming Mechanics, Part 2 by Steve Levy
- Real Guitar Tips: Moving Open Chord Shapes
- Real Guitar Tips: Adding Melodies to Strummed Chords
- 50 Classic Rock Guitar Licks in 3 Minutes!
- Faculty Spotlight: Guitar Teacher Liam Bliven
Be sure to hit the blue SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this page for the latest + greatest news in contemporary music education, and tell a friend about us!